Workshops & Events >
Workshop Registrations >
|Heather Ladiskiemail@example.com||ext. 133|
Attending Classification Web (Class Web for short) workshop, you will learn how to:
- Access to the most up-to-date version of the LC classification database.
- Page through a classification schedule or search the schedules by captions, index terms, or even keywords.
- Use enhanced browser feature to combine table and schedule data and display fully calculated numbers together with their corresponding captions.
- Browse schedules at any level of the hierarchy from the most general to the most specific.
- Write and save your own notes using the notes function and hot links at any location in any of the classification schedules.
- Find correspondences between subject headings and classification numbers or vice-versa, as reflected in bibliographic records.
- Search the database of Library of Congress subject authority records.
This workshop has been approved for 6 Technology Library Education Units (LEUs)
This class will be online for 3 - 2 hr sessions over 3 consecutive days using WebEx online workshop software. All registered attendees will receive an email with WebEx login information a few days prior to the 1st class date.
Workshop Topic: Cataloging
Each student will be responsible for obtaining a license for classification web prior to attending this workshop.
WebEx supports the following:
Internet Explorer 6.x+, Firefox 3.x+, Mozilla 1.7, Safari 4, 5.0, Chrome 11, 12, 13
Sound card and speakers
Prices listed are per person. If you are interested in having multiple staff members attend an online workshop at a single location (e.g. a conference room), we are now offering a group rate of $249 for MCLS members and $349 for non-MCLS members. This rate will give you a single login that you will be able to use to login to one computer station. If you would like to register a group for an online workshop, please contact Heather Ladiski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is highly recommended that all registrants register for online workshops at least SEVEN DAYS PRIOR to the workshop date. If you register after that, you must additionally send an email to email@example.com stating that you registered passed the deadline. You will receive a general email confirmation immediately upon successfully registering for an online workshop. All registered attendees will receive an additional email with WebEx login information a few days prior to the 1st class date. If you do not receive an invitation to the meeting by noon of the day prior, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Audio for this workshop will only be available via Voice Over IP. MCLS will send a microphone via US mail (upon request) approximately five days prior to your first MCLS online meeting to those who had registered at least seven days prior. If you do not have a microphone in time, you may communicate with the instructor and other participants via text chat.